The Plan Outline
Previous Article: Creating a Five
Pillar Wellness Directorship Instructor Program
- Initiate business contacts to establish a Five Pillar Wellness Statistical Database.
- Begin Wellness workshops as needed with Dr. Ouellette alone with selected businesses.
- Start recruiting in-house Five Pillar Wellness director candidates in selected businesses.
- When 5 candidates are recruited start the Instructor trainer program.
a. Initiate the weekend two day 10 hour course
b. Establish the Non-Pharmaceutical Natural Pain Reduction Protocols with a separate certification
c. Initiate the protocol to train Instructor Trainers.
- When Dr. Ouellette's workshop load reaches 75% of his estimated maximum, then begin transferring workshop
duties to business director Five Pillar Wellness Instructors.
- Continue recruiting new businesses.
- Expand provincially
- Expand nationally
- Expand Internationally
Our methods follow the MAP protocol: Measurement, Action, Philosophy (MAP).
People need MAP. We need a wellness map.
Gaining wellness means thinking AND gaining actions.
- Measurement is necessary in each of the Five Pillars of Wellness in order to direct wellness. You can’t
manage what you don’t measure.
- It is wise and prudent to provide measurement help for health care providers. (Ah, the health care
providers? We provide some direction to a portion of them in the 38 scores.
- Online Wellness Knowledge Calculator, our measurement tool, is located at https://TheQ.ca/register.php and provides a Wellness Progress Chart with 38
- Our research program collects wellness data on individuals and population cohorts.
- Wellness Workshops provide the helpful strategies for clients to gain wellness.
- Businesses can offer scientific wellness strategies for workers and management.
- Businesses can measure multidimensional wellness in management and workers.
- Workshops would be developed as needed under our protocols for different cohorts.
- Philosophy is contained in the Fifth Wellness Pillar - Attitude & Perspective in life.
- Thinking drives humanity.
New Five Pillar Wellness Action Plan Program
“You can’t Manage What You Don’t Measure”
- Make Wellness a priority
- Develop an in-house Five Pillar Wellness Counsellor/Instructor (Directorship) Program for businesses to add
to present business wellness offerings
- Have a Five Pillar Wellness Director certified in Five Pillar protocols in all businesses that
- Help workers, and management, learn advanced wellness strategies and non-pharmaceutical natural pain
relief. Non-pharmaceutical pain relief is an additional, optional program
Five Pillar Wellness with a Research Program
- A great addition to existing wellness programs
- A Five Pillar Wellness Director is a person who manages Five Pillar Wellness for a business or
- Wellness directors put numbers to wellness and focus on wellness actions
- Our program is ACTION PLAN oriented
- Systematic wellness thought, rational debate
- Measure - Assess - Identify - Prioritize - Motivate
- Advanced Wellness with an option, Non-Pharmaceutical Natural Pain Reduction
We measure Multidimensional Wellness including pain.
- Workshops are funded by clients.
- No cost to businesses
- Research program now available at no cost to clients or businesses for anonymous wellness assessment
- Obtain a business wellness profile with 35 business scores.
- Sign your business up today to add a boost to wellness actions.
- Ask how to develop an in-house Five Pillar Wellness Advisor/Counsellor/Instructor
Five Pillar Wellness Model Brief Description
The Five Pillar Wellness Model is a great wellness assessment,
thoroughly comprehensive, individualized and customised to an individual's unique needs. Businesses in different
geographical areas have different individual wellness needs. The Five Pillar Wellness Model assesses an
individual's needs based on their responses in an online wellness questionnaire, then customises a prioritised
Wellness Action Plan item list for that client. The Five Pillar Wellness Model’s research division groups various
business cohorts and builds an aggregate wellness profile for that cohort or business.
Wellness is notoriously difficult to instil in a population because the issues
involve lifestyle choices that many people find difficult, due mostly to the way human physiology and psychology
work. Because of this fact, motivation becomes a very important factor in both regaining wellness and maintaining
wellness. In the wellness field all wellness tools are welcome and new tools are especially welcome when the
overall wellness of the population plateaus or even degenerates. Getting a population to the next wellness plateau
becomes the goal. New tools are always welcome with that task. We have such a new wellness tool ready for
The Five Pillar Wellness Program
We are building wellness measurement and motivation, the Five Pillar Wellness Program. Selecting the pillars was
achieved based on many years of clinical experience. The wellness MO is Measure, Assess, Identify, Prioritize,
Motivate. We look at the science on wellness, then ask the client how closely they practice the science. There are
no health care professions which are represented, or promoted, by this new program. It is a multidimensional,
multi-professional program with the goal of keeping people well, and out of the medical care system.
Wellness by the Numbers
Obtaining wellness numbers unique to the wellness field requires analysing the science of wellness actions. Disease
often starts from a poor lifestyle choice which becomes ingrained and then difficult to change, often passed from
one family member to another down generations.
Interrupting that flow of family behaviour is indeed difficult and consumed with resistance. People resist
change. On top of all that, many different professions have their own idea what wellness is. This leaves confusion
in the community. No single organisation owns wellness,,, yet. We would like to change that.
When building the new wellness model we recognized that many different types of health care professionals are
involved in the wellness field. Thus, several numbers would be useful to have on hand such that many different
kinds of professionals could make use of data collected. Data on individuals is important, and data on various
population bases also becomes important for long term wellness planning.
We have compiled 38 wellness numbers for individuals, and 35 for population
bases, that tell the wellness story in a different way than using medical physiological parameters, which we add,
have not seemed to work in the past for improving the wellness of a population as a whole.
We use a client’s responses in a questionnaire to develop wellness numbers and to derive the individualized,
customised Wellness Action Plan for each client.
In addition, we supply 33 extra clinical indicators as signals to flag attention toward potential areas to
investigate, much like clinicians use red flags and yellow flags to help screen for intervention needs. In fact,
our red flag and yellow flag screening tool that is incorporated into the measurement tool, is very similar to the
ones universally used by clinicians worldwide. Our Antioxidant Needs screening tool builds on work others have done
with regard to elite athletes. The FoodPainConnection is addressed and screened in our program.
Five Pillar Wellness Model
The Five Pillar Wellness Model has five pillars and five overall divisions that function to establish a long term
program which will not depend on any single marketing personality figure, or clinical specialty figure who may come
along at any particular time. Wellness parameters and protocols are guided by science and offer the complementary -
alternative health care field guidance to help them establish wellness protocols standardized with other more
traditional health care professions.
The five pillars selected as the core essence of wellness are 1.) nutrition fitness, 2.) physical exercise
fitness, 3.) spinal health fitness, 4.) injury and stress recovery fitness; the R&R we all need, and 5.)
The five divisions planned in our model include 1.) a Research division to build group statistics, 2.) a
Wellness Knowledge Calculation division; getting the wellness numbers, 3.) a Wellness Action Plan division via
wellness workshops, 4.) a Wellness School division to train wellness directors, advisors and wellness instructor
trainers in the Five Pillar Wellness Model Mandate, 5.) A wellness foundation division to cover the scientific
upgrading end of the wellness model.
Getting the Wellness Word Out
Institutions like hospitals, with multiple wellness
challenges, and businesses that may have specific wellness challenges, are each interested in health improvement
results in their populations. Hospitals are inundated by the medical model and therefore, have multiple
Hospitals appear not have interest in establishing a wellness school or wellness foundation. Their interest lies
within measurement tools and workshop tools for their particular set of workers.
Governments and insurance companies on the other hand, should have an interest in the research end, the school
end and the foundation end of wellness because those parts of the new wellness model impact their bottom line
dollar figures. We can see that there are a multitude of considerations necessary to take charge of a true
multidimensional wellness paradigm.
We are proposing this new Wellness Model as a new additional wellness tool to help build our community’s overall
wellness profile. To build wellness one needs several tools. We propose the Five Pillar Wellness Model as a new
additional tool to add to the wellness tool bag.